Faithfully Magazine No. 2 + Shirt Bundle
Buy Faithfully Magazine No. 2 and a "Do it for the kingdom" t-shirt at a discounted rate. This deal is for U.S. customers only; we reserve the right to cancel international orders for this product.
Print Bundle: Instead of paying separately for the print magazine ($12.99 with shipping) and for the unisex t-shirt ($24 with shipping), you pay $30.00 for the bundle with shipping included.
Digital Bundle: Read the magazine on your smartphone, tablet or computer. Instead of paying separately for the digital magazine ($4.99) and for the unisex t-shirt ($24 with shipping), you pay $25.00 for the bundle with shipping included. It's like getting the magazine for free!
Once your order is processed, we will contact you via email for your preferred t-shirt size. (View Sizing Chart)
About Faithfully Magazine No. 2
The cover story for Faithfully Magazine No. 2 (News, Culture and Christianity...For the Times) is titled "WHITENESS IS CRIPPLING THE EVANGELICAL CHURCH"—written by Faithfully Magazine founder and editor Nicola A. Menzie and edited by Katelyn Beaty. Beaty is an editor at large with Christianity Today magazine and the author of A Woman's Place: A Christian Vision for Your Calling in the Office, the Home, and the World, available in paperback with a study guide in August 2017.
Looking at the historical relationship between Black and White Christians, this timely cover story calls on White Evangelicals to acknowledge the construct of "race" and how white transparency, white normativity and white structural advantages continue to harm the Lord's church...despite apparent progress, good intentions and adopted resolutions.
Features and Q&As:
- Update with Paige Patterson, president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, on professors' "rapper" costume photo
- Glenn E. Bracey (Sociologist; author of paper “Race Tests”: Racial Boundary Maintenance in White Evangelical Churches published in Sociological Inquiry)
- Trillia Newbell (Author; Director of Community Outreach at the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission)
- Walter R. Strickland (1st Vice President of the Southern Baptist Convention; Special Advisor to the President for Diversity & Instructor of Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary)
- BJ Thompson (Director of Build a Better Us)
- Daniel Hill (Chicago pastor; White Awake: An Honest Look at What It Means to Be White author)
- Nancy Wang Yuen (Sociologist; Reel Inequality: Hollywood Actors and Racism author)
- On Kevin Jones and Jarvis J Williams' Removing the Stain of Racism from the Southern Baptist Convention: Diverse African American and White Perspectives
Plus plenty more.